The BCPA was formed in 1979 to promote the growth and professional development, continuing education and social networking of paralegals in British Columbia. The BCPA’s activities in support of our mission include:
- providing a networking resource and voice for paralegals throughout the province;
- collecting and providing information regarding the current trends in the paralegal job market;
- hosting professional development courses and promoting other continuing education for paralegals;
- consulting with local educational institutions, and providing input regarding course requirements for paralegal education programs;
- providing bursaries to eligible students of recognized paralegal educational programs; and
- publishing the “Paralegal Press” newsletter.