Who should attend: Junior lawyers, paralegals, legal support staff, experienced lawyers who are new to personal injury or seeking a refresher.
Learning level: Fundamental
Are you learning the ropes of handling a personal injury file? Are there gaps in your understanding of the process and how the parts fit together? Back by popular demand, this course will take you through the main steps and issues common to most personal injury files. You will learn the issues and the best practices for each step of the process from file management at the start through to costs at the back end. Approach your next personal injury file with the confidence that comes with knowing the big picture.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- understand the personal injury file process and the timelines
- recognize how various procedural elements fit into the litigation process
- formulate a plan to manage the file in front of you
- identify and resolve small problems before they become big problems
- understand ICBC's perspective on file management and resolution
Master the essentials and become a valued member of your litigation team!
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (including a minimum of 1 hour involving professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Jasbir S. Bains — Paralegal, Farris Vaughan Wills & Murphy LLP, Vancouver